We were collaborative finalists in the 2016 Sustainable Business Network awards! Read about it here.
Bone broth – slow cooked bones and other connective tissue - is a gelatinous, nutrient-dense superfood. Easily digested, even when other foods are not, broth has been used in nourishing traditions the world over to heal and restore gut health. Rich in minerals, broth is a highly available source of protein in times of malnourishment, or when little else will be tolerated.
Where can I buy the Essential Broth? (Find us in the FREEZERS)
Who is Broth For? Everyone!
- Perfect for families looking for inexpensive, but nourishing food.
- Ideal for most dietary philosophies: including Paleo, Wholefood, LCHF (LowCarbHealthyFat).
- Brilliant for cross-fitters, gym-goers, athletes and sporty people.
- Wonderful as the basis of a gut-healing protocol for sufferers of chronic disease and autoimmune conditions.
How should we use it?
- Broth can be sipped daily.
- It is delicious on its own.
- Spice it up with some turmeric and ginger.
- Add some chopped meat, vegetables, or an egg.
- Use it as the base for soups and stews.
- There are so many options!
Check out our Recipes page for more ideas.
What are some of the Nutrients in our Broth?
We had our bone broth tested to find out more about the nutrients in it...
COLLAGEN holds the body together, plumps skin, lubricates joints, and builds mucosal barriers to protect the body from pathogens. Broths contain gelatine – a protein-rich, bioavailable form of collagen.
PROLINE is an anti-inflammatory amino acid which builds healthy cartilage.
GLYCINE is an anti-inflammatory amino acid, vital for wound healing. The liver requires it to produce the antioxidant glutathione.
GLUTAMINE & ARGININE keep the gut lining healthy and well equipped to heal in the face of constant challenge. They are known to relieve colitis. They also benefit brain health.
THREONINE is a biogenic amine vital for keeping the gut lining in good health.
BONE MARROW is the nutrient dense component of bone that generates stem and blood cells.
MINERALS: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulphur, sodium and potassium.
GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS (GAGs: including hyaluronic acid, chondroitin, glucosamine, chondroitin and keratan sulphate) are hydrophilic (water-attracting) proteins. They lubricate, cushion and protect cartilage and joints; support collagen and elastin production; benefit skin, hair, nails and the intestinal lining; and make up joint fluid – the body’s shock absorber.
The Essential Broth is slow-cooked locally using all New Zealand ingredients:
Filtered water; organic apple cider vinegar; and meaty bones from duck, organic chicken, and grass-fed or organic beef.