CAULIFLOWER & BLUE CHEESE SOUP WITH ORGANIC CHICKEN BROTH
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cauliflower
- 1L Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 white onion
- 15gm butter
- 2T olive oil
- ½t onion powder
- 125gm blue cheese
- Fresh chives
- 150ml fresh cream
- Sprinkle of paprika (optional)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Heat cauliflower florets and diced onion gently in a saucepan with butter and olive oil, then cover when they start to sizzle. Sweat for around 10 minutes or until soft, but don’t let them brown.
- Add chicken broth, onion powder and paprika then simmer for a further 10-15 mins season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add back to a low heat with cream and 100grms of blue cheese for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Serve and garnish with fresh chives and crumble over the remainder of blue cheese.
Handy Tip...Chicken Croutons: Dice up some sourdough and toss in some chicken broth. Drizzle with olive oil and dry in oven on a low heat. Then toss with flaky sea salt and freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.